“Volunteers make Northaven successful. The worst thing that can happen to seniors is feeling they’re not needed. That is why I like living here – Northaven encourages us to volunteer both within Northaven and in the greater community.
Volunteers are happy people and Northaven offers us the opportunities to be involved. It makes Northaven feel like home.”
-Pam Abas, Resident
Northaven is able to provide many services and amenities to our residents because of the generous hearts and amazing work of our dedicated volunteers.
Become a Volunteer. There are many ways to get involved helping Northaven provide compassionate care to our residents and helping them to stay vita, connected and engaged and live with dignity.
There are volunteer activities for everyone whether you are an older adult who still lives independently, a teenager, a professional looking for a way to add meaning, someone who enjoys gardening or ironing or walking. And maybe you have a skill or idea to offer that isn’t listed here. Volunteers enliven our community and enrich our residents’ lives.
- With Residents One On One
- Help With Parties/Activities
- Do Ironing For Residents
- Go For Walks With Residents That Can’t Go Out Without An Escort
- Escort Residents To Appointments
- Perform Music For The Residents
- Conduct Vesper Services
- Do Indoor Or Outdoor Gardening Projects
- Do Gardening/Yard Clean Up In The Spring/Fall
- Help With Cleaning Projects (Walker/Wheelchair “Car-Wash”)
- Give Hand Massages
- Teach Computer Skills
- Help Bake Cookies